Harvest Matching – monitor and share the growth of plants
Healthy way of life and desire to eat and cook fresh food with your friends were the motivation for Ke Chang-Han from Taiwan to design Harvest Matching.
1. What interests you most about being a designer?
I grew up in countryside and have always appreciated the beauty in my surroundings, particularly in my hometown. So, I wanted to be someone who could help make life more beautiful and better.
2. Tell us how you imagine it would feel to experience Harvest Matching?
Life would be healthier and more enjoyable. You could plant vegetables, cook with friends and make new ones.
3. What was the inspiration behind your idea?
I’ve always been concerned with health and the environment, and thought about how I could make growing food more interesting.
4. What has it been like to be in the competition?
It has given me the opportunity to learn from the other competitors. However, the use of English in the competition has been a big challenge for me as it’s not a language I’m competent in.
5. How have your friends and family reacted to your success in the competition so far?
They’ve been great! They’ve helped to motivate me – they’ve told me to keep going and to never give up!